Webinars and Training Courses
Upcoming Virtual Seminars and Workshops
Shropshire Marches Growth Hub
Everyone's on Social Media, Let's Get your Strategy Sorted
Mon, 3 Jul 2023 09:30 - 13:00 at University Centre Shrewsbury
Are you looking to boost your business using social media channels? If so, join us for this half-day workshop on how to optimise social media for small businesses. Gain an overview of all the social media platforms and start to develop your social media strategy.
We will cover: Which social media channels should you be on? In depth look at the popular ones: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn. How to create your Social Media Strategy. How to create your Social Media Calendar. Overview of Tools to help you: Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, MeetEdgar. How to create good images. Canva, Video, Apps.
By the end of the course:
After completing this course you will have created your own Social Media Strategy and a Content Calendar. We’ll look at new ideas and tools for your marketing and you will have a clear plan with goals that you can measure for success.
Federation of Small Businesses
Social Media Tips and Tricks to Enhance your Business Profile
Mon, 10 July 2023, 09:30 – 11:00 at Spaces The Mailbox
Power of People talk for CIPD Shropshire
Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
Wednesday 22nd June 5.30-8.00pm
Shrewsbury Town Football Club - Sovereign Suite
For our last event of the CIPD academic year, we always like to give members something extra special and memorable. This year is no exception, as we are delighted to welcome Hollie Whittles as our guest speaker, who will not only be sharing her impressive business journey, but also taking a candid look at the important part people management has played in shaping her career. Hollie will also be showing us how a people-focused approach can enable organisations to navigate rapidly changing business landscapes to build engaged and motivated teams.
If you’ve not been back to many live events yet, this is a great opportunity to network with other HR and L&D students and professionals in a relaxed setting, whilst also being entertained and inspired by a top speaker and award-winning business owner and HR Director.
Book your ticket today: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/power-of-people-registration-324901548277
Future Digital Skills Fest Conference by Digital Women
May 10, 2022 9:00 AM - May 10, 2022 6:00 PM BST
Digital Women & SocialDay (Host) : click here for website
The event is not live yet but in the meantime please download your free digital skills guide (my bit is on page 4): click here
CompTIA UK Business Technology Community Meeting
Social Media Best Practice and Tips
7 April 2022 at 13:50 PM | The Lowry Hotel, 50 Dearmans Place, Chapel Wharf, Salford, Manchester, M3 5LH
Get your free ticket: click here
Download the agenda: click here
Market your business on a shoestring
Wednesday 6th April 2022 | 12 - 1pm
Make sure you sign up for this free session: click here
Are you stuck trying to market your business? Don't have much budget set aside for promotion? If so, this webinar is for you. Packed with top tips and tools that you can implement straight away without paying a fortune.
You will learn;
- How to identify your ideal client
- How to create your marketing strategy
- Which social media channels should you be on?
- Marketing websites, tools and apps to help you
- How to get the best out of analytics
New year, new website - free website webinar and 121 consultancy
Friday 21st January 2022 12-1.30pm Book here
This is a 2 part package of support to get a new website set up, helping you to grow your business in 2022! Anyone based in the Marches can attend the workshop but only Telford & Wrekin based businesses can access the 121 consultancy.
Part 1 - webinar
A free 1.5 hour webinar in which Hollie Whittles and Helen Culshaw will give an overview of what setting up a website entails, for example;
- How to plan a website specification
- Should you build your own or get help?
- Planning your content and functionality
Part 2 - free 121 consultancy support (to be scheduled separately from this webinar)
- Free 121 consultancy support provided by either Hollie or Helen to work directly with you to plan or implement your website
- To take advantage of the 121 support you must be a trading business based in Telford & Wrekin
- The support is up to 12 hours and is to be concluded by mid March 2022
- After signing up to attend the workshop you will be contacted directly to determine eligibility AND suitability for the free 121 consultancy.
Digital Mastery Unlocked - series of 8 webinars
A programme of 8, 1 hour workshops, open to businesses based in the Marches area.
How to get amazing results with a clear Marketing Strategy with Hollie - 1s t Feb 2022 - Book online
This webinar, Hollie will help you to define your ideal client and how creating a marketing strategy will help drive your business!
Market research and how to do a SWOT Analysis
Identifying your USP
How to identify your Ideal Client
Creating your marketing strategy
Vision and mission statements
Marketing Tools and Apps to help you
Social Media Strategy in a digital world with Hollie - 22nd Feb 2022 - Book online
This webinar with Hollie will give you an overview of the social platforms you could be on and cover how to create a strategy that works!
Which social media channels should you be on?
How to create your Social Media Strategy
How to create your Social Media Calendar
Overview of Tools to help you
How to create good images and videos
Ask the expert panel session with Helen, Kirsty and Hollie - 22nd March 2022 - Book online
Join our business experts Hollie Whittles, Helen Culshaw and Kirsty Smallman for a panel discussion on top tips for super-charging your business and a recap of the learnings from the masterclasses. Plus, a live Q&A with the panel and the opportunity to network with other local businesses.
Websites 101 and advertising online
24th September 10-12pm
- Engaging a web designer/developer
- Creating a website requirements document
- Which platform is best for you
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Keywords, Hits, Google Analytics, Backups
- Website Tools to help you
Social Media Strategy in a digital world
16th July 10-12pm
- Which social media channels should you be on?
- How to create your Social Media Strategy
- How to create your Social Media Calendar
- Overview of Tools to help you
- How to create good images and videos
CompTIA UK Business Technology Community Conference
Thursday 27th May 3:00 – 5:00 pm (BST)
Track 3 speaker - Innovation and Digital Transformation
Future focus is a discussion about why companies should innovate and digital transform using emerging technologies. COVID-198 has forced businesses to adapt and sectors that were reluctant to innovate have embraced new technology, join this topic to discuss innovation and digital transformation.
Marketing strategy in a digital world
11th June : 10-12pm
- Market research and how to do a SWOT Analysis
- Identifying your USP
- How to identify your Ideal Client
- Creating your marketing strategy
- Vision and mission statements
- Marketing Tools and Apps to help you
Unlock your LinkedIn profile to unleash your full potential
10th June : 2pm
Live stream from the SQLbits conference
8 digital webinars to super charge your business
with digital best practice & technology
You don't have to be an expert, this is for you if you want to know how!
A programme of eight webinars, every Wednesday during 2nd June to 14th July 2021 - 9.30 - 10.30am (except for 16th June)
- Are you looking to work smarter?
- Not sure which is the best technology for you?
- Do you want to get better at tech?
1. Digital strategy for 2021 - 2nd June @ 9.30
2. Take control of your digital data - 9th June @ 9.30 (longer session)
3. Business strategy for success - 23rd June @ 9.30
4. Marketing strategy in a digital world - 30th June @ 9.30
5. Social media strategy in a digital world - 7th July @ 9.30
6. Using LinkedIn to build your online digital brand - 14th July @ 9.30
7. Using Twitter to build your online digital brand - 21st July @ 9.30
8. Websites and advertising online - 28th July @ 9.30
How to detox digital and supercharge your business - FSB national webinar
Tuesday 11 May 12noon
Join Hollie Whittles for an action packed and accessible 1 hour business webinar. Get an overview of how digital overwhelm could be affecting people and learn strategies to help move your business forward.
Introduction to AI at the Digital Skills Fest Conference by Digital Women
Tuesday 11 May 10am
What is Artificial Intelligence? AI can improve existing processes across many industries and can also help to develop new solutions to problems.
Consider how virtual digital assistants have changed the way we do daily tasks becoming like real humans we interact with daily.
Where is it going to end and is it going to end up like Hollywood movies with robotic overlords! Join us to find out more.
Get your marketing strategy sorted - FSB national webinar
Tuesday 13 April 12noon
This 1 hour webinar is aimed at people who are just starting out in marketing or who have been given marketing responsibility and want to drive their business forward.
LinkedIn talk - at the FSB Business Bootcamp 2021
Monday 15th March 2021 - 9.30-1.30pm
This is your chance to hear from inspirational speakers to help you develop, grow and revive your business in 2021, as well as network on a national level with fellow small business owners. This free event – open to FSB members and non-members – starts at 9.30am, but feel free to dip in and out to suit you. We will kick off the event at 9.30am with some networking and introducing our Keynote speaker FSB Chief Executive Julie Lilley.
- 9.30am - Networking and Welcome from our Hosts
- 10.00am - Keynote Speaker Julie Lilley, FSB Chief Executive
- 10.15am - The Power of Mindset with Josh Winfield. Josh is the programme lead for NatWest’s Business Builder programme – a self-serve, online business accelerator programme supporting businesses from early-stage, right through to established businesses looking to/needing to make a change NatWest National Business Builder Manager.
- 10.45am - Loose Business - hosted by Dave including:
- Sharon Luca-Chatha, Founder of The Luca Foundation and LK Eco Style, Ian O’Donnell MBE, Real Point Design and FSB Board Member, Nishi Mehta, Co-Director of CM Talent and Career-Mums CIC
- 11.15am - Using Video in Business with Susanna Boccaccio. Susanna runs Brilliant Trees Media a multi award-winning TV and Videoproduction company based in Lancashire.
- 11.45am - Show Me the Money with Drew Currie. Drew is passionate about supporting entrepreneurs nationwide. His FREE ‘Show Me The Money’ events have assisted innovators and SME’s in accessing over £1.2m in public, private, academic and third sector grants and programme support; including over £350k of Covid-19 support.
- 12.05pm LinkedIn for Business Growth with Hollie Whittles. Hollie is an award winning TEDx speaker and Director of two digital companies. Spending more than 5000 hours speaking to audiences across the UK, she has helped hundreds of business owners to grow their businesses.
International Women's Day event organiser and talk
Come and join us on our 3rd official International Women's Day event to celebrate amazing business women organised by Hollie Whittles from FraggleWorks Emma Chapman on behalf of the Marches Growth Hub and the Federation of Small Businesses. Hear from our amazing line-up of speakers who will be sharing their stories and top tips from their areas of expertise. The morning will include inspirational talks from our keynote speakers with time for networking before and after too. #IWD 2021 campaign theme: #ChoosetoChallenge
Introducing our speakers:
Trudie Adcock - AstraZeneca - Global Enterprise Learning Director
Merisha Stevenson - Broadcast Journalist & Presenter, TEDx Speaker
Dr Narisa Chauvidul-Aw - CEO and Founder of the KogoPAY Group
Teresa Heath-Wareing - International Social Media and Marketing Speaker
Lucy Hall - Founder of Digital Women and SocialDay UK
Linsey Luke - Federation of Small Businesses - Deputy Head of English Regions
Gill Hamer - Chief Executive - Marches LEP
Mandy Thorn MBE - MD of Marches Care and Chair of Marches LEP
Tracy Darke - Assistant Director Economy & Place
Hollie Whittles - Purple Frog Systems - Tech Director
Planning your social media - for The Giftware Association
Thursday 11th February 2021 – Planning your digital marketing and social media with Hollie Whittles (FraggleWorks)
This 1 hour webinar is aimed at people who are thinking of starting their own business or people that already have and want a refresher!
We will cover:
- Which social media channels you should be on?
- Overview of: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok
- Why you need to create a Social Media Strategy
- How to create a Social Media Calendar
- Social Media Tools and Apps to help you
UK panel discussion on: Leadership – “What makes a good leader in uncertain times?
CompTIA Community Meet Up - Benelux and UK
28 January 2021 at 2pm GMT
This UK and Benelux Business Community virtual meeting has been designed to provide advice, updates and recommendations for the future whilst giving you the opportunity to share ideas and themes for future topic areas you would like CompTIA to consider over the coming year.
The meeting will cover the characteristics that make a great leader, the magical experience of bringing transferable skills to the tech industry, opportunities to close the skills gap and the latest in cybersecurity and insight selling. Don’t miss this opportunity to network with like-minded industry leaders and experts.
14:00 – 14:10 Welcome
14:10 – 14:30 Leadership – “What makes a good leader in uncertain times?” Hollie Whittles
14:35 – 14:55 Closing the Skills Gap
15:00 – 15:20 Cybersecurity and Insight Selling
15:25 – 15:45 What does the future look like for the Workforce?
15:50 – 16:00 The Magical Customer Experience
16:00 – 16:30 Community Breakouts
We look forward to welcoming you to the first CompTIA UK and Benelux Business Technology community meeting of the year!
Deep Dive Workshops for Business: Digital Marketing and Social Media
Starts Monday 9th November 2020
Growth Hub Guru Hollie Whittles from Fraggleworks Ltd and Teresa Heath-Wareing are delivering a series of digital marketing masterclass.
Digital marketing and social media with Teresa Heath-Wareing - Monday 9th November 9.30-10.30am
Get your marketing strategy sorted with Hollie Whittles- Monday 16th November 9.30-10.30am
Planning your digital marketing and social media with Hollie Whittles - Monday 23rd November 9.30-10.30am
How to create a website that gets results with Hollie Whittles - Monday 30th November 9.30-10.30am
Marches Growth Hub Support package for Telford high street retailers to get online and sell online
Digital marketing for retailers - Friday 20th November 12-1pm
Websites for retailers - Friday 27th November 9-10am
Speaker at Digital Women UK Conference
What is machine learning and how can artificial intelligence help my business
25th November 2.30pm
Growth Hub Guru Digital Marketing Masterclass
Starts Friday 16th October 2020
Growth Hub Guru Hollie Whittles from Fraggleworks Ltd is delivering another 3 part digital marketing masterclass.
Part 1: Websites 101 - How to get online - Friday 16th October 12-1pm
Part 2: How to detox digital and super-charge your business - Friday 23rd October 12-1pm
Part 3: Goal setting and vision planning for 2021 - Friday 30th October 12-1pm
Growth Hub Guru Digital Marketing Masterclass
Starts Wednesday 16th September 2020
Growth Hub Guru Hollie Whittles from Fraggleworks Ltd is delivering a 3 part digital marketing masterclass.
Part 1: Marketing Basics - How to create a marketing plan - Wednesday 16th September
Part 2: Digital Marketing – What you really need to know about social media - Wednesday 23rd September
Part 3: Websites 101 - How to get online - Wednesday 30th September
Ludlow Womens Hub - Digital Detox Webinar
Monday 21st September 2020
Tech Telford Digital Forum
Hollie on the digital panel
Wednesday 30th September 2020
Unlock your LinkedIn profile - SQLbits Conference
Saturday 3rd October 2020
CompTIA EMEA Member and Partner Conference
Hollie on the expert panel
13-14 October 2020
Marches LEP Business Recovery Week
Hollie on the digital panel
Thursday 15th October 2020
We run tailor made training sessions on all aspects of running your business, please get in touch to find out when our next course is or to ask us to deliver one!
Hollie also runs regular training workshops and seminars for other providers and those courses can be booked via their websites.